In Arkhangelsk, an exhibition of works by Salvador Dalí was opened. I was attracted by a triptych called “The Trilogy of Love”. It differs sharply from the presented series by its size and technique. To admit it attracted me by his symbols which I could not immediately take into account. Therefore, I with wild zeal began to study the embedded meanings.
Who would have thought that I would have to deal with complex intricacies of the relationship between Dalí and Elena Dyakonova, Gala, and the terminology and meaning of tarot cards.
In addition, I will only note that in five minutes it will not be possible to convey the multifaceted nature and complexity of the love of Salvador and Gala: this topic deserves a full-scale lecture if not their series.
Sources used in the russian language:
- “The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí”, 1999 — 464 с.
- Salvador Dalí “50 Secrets of Magic Craftsmanship “, 2002 — 271 с.
- Katrina Ingram “Genius Dalí”, 2014 — 80 с.
- Gilles Néret”Salvador Dalí. 1904-1989″, 2001 — 96 с.
- A fragment from the episode of TV show “More than love” from TV-channel “Russia. Culture”: Salvador Dalí and Elena Dyakonova